Enhanced Buffer Tube Kit for Easy Assembly and More
Aero Precision’s enhanced buffer tube offers numerous upgrades over standard mil-spec style kits. For starters, the buffer tube simplifies assembling to your lower, with carrier support extensions that affix around the buffer detent. These extensions provide perfect alignment and prevent bolt bounce once your AR-15 is firing, reducing wear and increasing reliability.
The buffer tube also features a ramped rear section, allowing tool-free installation of your favorite AR-15 stock. If you’ve ever had to fudge a Magpul stock on a standard tube, you know it can be a hassle. At the bottom of each position guide, the tube has drainage holes for water or excess gas in your gun.
This kit also features a mil-spec buffer spring, carbine buffer (3.0 oz), castle nut, and endplate, ready to install on your mil-spec lower choice.
- Carrier Support Extensions – Fully supports and guides the bolt carrier group into the buffer tube after a round is fired, preventing carrier tilt and unnecessary wear on key components. The Carrier Support Extensions extend on either side of the buffer retaining pin, securing the pin in place while preventing the buffer tube from backing out under recoil.
- Position Guide Drain Holes – Each position guide features a drainage hole that removes water from the system in marine environments. During routine operation, smoother cycling is achieved by allowing additional air to escape during the compression cycle of the rifle.
- Ramped Tube Design – Allows for effortless installation of traditional carbine stocks. Aero has removed the need to mess around with screwdrivers to get your furniture over the end of the buffer tube. Hold down the adjustment piece and push your stock onto the Enhanced Buffer Tube.
- Proper Thread Depth – Traditional buffer tubes feature extended unused threads that can cause your stock to become trapped when entirely collapsed. While some turn these threads down, Aero has correctly machined the threads to the proper depth, providing a much cleaner look.
- Mil-spec Dimensions – Machined from a 7075-T6 Aluminum Impact Extrusion to mil-spec dimensions. All standard carbine stock options with mil-spec buffer tube dimensions are compatible with the Enhanced Carbine Buffer Tube.
- Enhanced Carbine Buffer Tube, 6-position
- Carbine Buffer
- Carbine Buffer Spring
- Endplate and lock nut
*Enhanced Carbine Buffer Tube is compatible with mil-spec diameter stocks
- Buffer Tube: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Carbine Buffer: Aluminum with Steel Inserts
- Castle Nut: Steel
- Endplate: Steel
- Buffer Spring: Steel
- Overall Weight: 10 oz